So, as of 10 am yesterday I am on summer break – am not in the Marianas Trench of grading, nor in a submarine or scuba diving or snorkeling, but on dry land….woo hoo!!! I will spend 4 days on tech stuff, go to a neuroscience in the classroom conference on the west coast and drive my mom to some doctor’s appointments. Other than those…it is going to be all about me! Well, not quite, but you get the idea 🙂 So to plan ahead what I would like to accomplish this summer, sewing wise, I decided to make a list, and it is a bit
ridulous ambitious. Should be interesting….here goes…
- Finish the granny blocks for the Aqua and Red Bee. This is my last commitment to that bee.
- Make a test block for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini-Bee
- Make my starter block for the Quilt Around the World II bee. I have decided to use fabrics from Tula Pinks’s Prince Charming line for my starter block – navy, aqua and green.
- Make a favorite thing block for Piece Bee With You
- Make a house/building block for Piece Bee With You
- Make the 6 solids blocks for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini-Bee
- Put together all of the blocks from 2 rounds of the Aqua and Red Bee to make a queen sized quilt for my daughter. I So far I have 25 blocks and two in progress and 3 that are owed to me that hopefully will arrive soon. I need to work on layout, put it together and then I will send it out for quilting.
- Make a baby quilt for the Chinese teacher at school. Her baby is not due until mid-August, so I have a bit of time, but I already have a plan and the fabric.
- Design a layout for my blocks from Piece Bee With You. The theme was under the sea and I have a jellyfish, seahorse, octopus and lots of different fish.
Okay, and now for things that I would like to do…let’s be realistic here…
- Make some New York Beauty blocks
- Put together my solids blocks
- Finally finish the Supernova quilt
- Make some placemats and or potholders to use for holiday gifts.
- Make some more reusable gift bags for the Green Holiday Project.
A bit too ambitious? We shall see!