I am making more progress on the ridiculous list – my hopes for what I will get to do over the summer – which has become the riduculist!
- Finish the granny blocks for the Aqua and Red Bee. CHECK!
- Make a test block for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini-Bee . CHECK!
- Make my starter block for the Quilt Around the World II bee. CHECK!
- Quilt Around the World II Bee is a bee in which you make a starter block and send it off to the next person in a chain of 25 quilters around the world. When a block gets to you, you make a block according to the desires of the blocks’s owner, check out the blocks that the other quilters have made, and then make a block and send it on its way. I received the first Quilt Around the World block from Fairly Merry and made a block to complement hers. Here is what I made… and here are the two together
- Make a favorite thing block for Piece Bee With You. CHECK! Originally when I thought of my favorite thing I thought that I was going to make trees. I did not want to just make an evergreen tree as I did not want it to look too Christmasy. Trees really had a tight race with snow, and I do love snow, so I went with snow. So many adults don’t appreciate snow, but I love it! I don’t mind shoveling, especially if I get the day off! Snow days are little gifts from heaven…sew days. Enough of that…I made a snowflake, and my label says that snow flakes mean snow days!
- Make a house/building block for Piece Bee With You
- Make the 6 solids blocks for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini-Bee
- Put together all of the blocks from 2 rounds of the Aqua and Red Bee to make a queen sized quilt for my daughter.
- Make a baby quilt for the Chinese teacher at school. Her baby is not due until mid-August, so I have a bit of time, but I already have a plan and the fabric.
- Design a layout for my blocks from Piece Bee With You. The theme was under the sea and I have a jellyfish, seahorse, octopus and lots of different fish.
Okay, and now for things that I would like to do…let’s be realistic here…
- Make some New York Beauty blocks
- Put together my solids blocks
- Finally finish the Supernova quilt
- Make some placemats and potholders to use for holiday gifts.
- Make some more reusable gift bags for the Green Holiday Project.
So, overall, this week’s stats…
- Completed – two blocks, both sent on their way
- New projects – none
- Currently in progress – lots!
I am linking up to Felicity who is subbing for Lee at Freshly Pieced. Check out all of the other wonderful things being created!