This week has been a focus on finishing just one item on my summer list – completing the Aqua and Red Quilt. I needed to make two more squares…one sadly because a bee mate never sent me the block, nor returned my fabric, and did not respond to an email. I am trying to not let it change my view of the bee and swap experience. Here are the two blocks that I made to fill in. This first one is from the Solstice Stars series.
Today’s task is to add the sashing between the rows, and perhaps a bit more time trimming threads. I will then be in a hold pattern until the border fabric I ordered arrives, and then I should be able to finish it…woo hoo! This quilt is for my daughter for her new apartment, and this is getting completed none too soon as she moved out last week.
OK, back to the list…
- No more QAWII blocks have arrived so no more to do there just yet.
- I have received most of the 3×6 blocks, but not all have a grey background as I requested, so will need to remake some blocks 😦
- Make a baby quilt for the Chinese teacher at school. Her baby is not due until mid-August, so I have a bit of time, but I already have a plan and the fabric.
- Design a layout for my blocks from Piece Bee With You. The theme was under the sea and I have a jellyfish, seahorse, octopus and lots of different fish.
And for the things that are on my things that I would like to do list…
- Make some New York Beauty blocks
- Put together my solids blocks
- Finally finish the Supernova quilt
- Make some placemats and potholders to use for holiday gifts.
- Make some more reusable gift bags for the Green Holiday Project.
Soooo…not too much progress, but some. I am linking up to Freshly Pieced. Check out all of the other wonderful things being created!