I am back from the west coast and am determined to finish assembling this quilt top for my daughter. It is a sampler mostly of bee blocks with lots of stars. Although I did finish putting the blocks together yesterday, I am not happy with it. Part of me says let it go and finish it, and part of me says to do what you need to do to be happy with it. Guess which way I went (hint: tinking is knitting backward). I spent some time this morning on the living room rug unpicking some rows. Here is the very poor quality picture of how it was last night.
There are a few things that bother me…overall there is uneven distribution of color. Some blocks have much more color than others, so I am thinking of remedying that by moving around some rows so that the brightest rows are in the middle and less bright are at the top and bottom where they will be closest to the red inner border. I also will make some simple stars to replace one or two low-volume squares. Although the blocks were supposed to be 12.5″, the blocks were made by many different people and a few are just a bit too small. I thought that I could fudge and make it work, but it just does not work. So, today’s task is to make a star or two and cut apart another block to make it the right size. I better get to it! Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work I go!