Since I was four, every fall I have head off to school, first as a student and then as a teacher. Today is the first real day of school…classes…so I can delay no longer in declaring Summer 2012 over. How did I do? Let’s look at the Ridiculist that I wrote about earlier in the summer.
- Finish the granny blocks for the Aqua and Red Bee.Done!
- Make a test block for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini-Bee Done!
- Make my starter block for the Quilt Around the World II bee. Done!
- Make a favorite thing block for Piece Bee With You Done!
- Make a house/building block for Piece Bee With You Done!
- Make the 6 solids blocks for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini-Bee Done!
- Put together all of the blocks from 2 rounds of the Aqua and Red Bee to make a queen sized quilt for my daughter. Almost done…the quilt is all put together and has been delivered to the longarm quilter..
- Make a baby quilt for the Chinese teacher at school. Done!
- Design a layout for my blocks from Piece Bee With You. The theme was under the sea and I have a jellyfish, seahorse, octopus and lots of different fish. Not done 😦
What else did I do? Some blocks for the QAWII Bee, three extra blocks for the aqua and red quilt, a film strip block for Piece Bee with You, two sashiko panels, a knitted baby blanket for a colleague and a knit shawl. Drumroll please….here is how I spent the crafting portion of my summer vacation.
Along with getting reaady for school, I cleaned the sewing room. Most projects or type of project have a bin that it goes into and the bins get stashed into the closet. Once the good stuff was put away, I sorted the debris into recycling (yes – I recycle every scrap of paper torn from paper-piecing – we are pretty fierce about recycling in my house) and fabric and thread scraps that go to be filling for dog beds for a nearby shelter, and then a little bit of real trash. Everything was wiped down and the room vacuumed. I love my job and can’t imagine not having it, but it is pretty all consuming and so since my machine will not be used for a bit, I put her cover on her. She really has a lovely, lovely cover, but do you think that she is sad in there? I know that I am sad to lose my sewing time.