Yup, I finished my Feathers quilt top just in the nick of time. Most QAL have some target date to be done by, and usually I pay no attention to that. And many QAL have prizes, and I figure that I already have enough stuff. But somehow I usually do get things done if I have a deadline, so I kind of pretended that it mattered. The deadline for posting a finished pic was today. I finished last night so I had a whole 24 hours to spare! I kept pretty much on schedule, week by week, constructing the pieces. Then came the time to put it together. There was one area that I was not thrilled about, so I made two new blocks and substituted them in. Next up were the long strips between the paper pieced feathers. I did what the pattern recommended and pinned and sewed from the center outward. Since I wanted to sew on the paper side, that meant sewing with the seam allowance on the left half of the time. I am very fond of my machine, but this is where it would be great if there was just a bit more room to the right of the needle! I really battled with the machine as I put more and more together as the paper was rather bulky. Here, I am just waiting for someone to tell me that there is some clever way around this that I had never thought of. If there is….please do comment! But finally, after a bit of tugging and cajoling and pressing…ta da! Done!