Maybe not astronomically or climatically, but for me today is the first weekday that I do not have to go to school either for children or for staff week…so the first day of my summer. Woo hoo!
I did get a bit of a head start on my summer wanna do list last week because it was KT’s birthday (a whole quarter century old!) and therefore there were some gifts to be made. First up I made a new fleece sleeve for her phone and a pouch for her earbuds. The sleeve didn’t need a pattern, but for the pouch I used the circle zip earbud pouch by Dog Under My Desk.
Next up was another fabric basket using the Nesting Fabric Bowls pattern from a cuppa and a catch up.. I had made one while I was at the Mid-Atlantic Modern Retreat in April. The first one was more red, and this one was requested to be more aqua…check!
While I was at it, I made two smaller baskets with sample fabric that I have had for a long time. The width of the fabric determined the size of the basket…the 5″ size.
And now on to my big wanna do list…
– Carol’s Convertible purse
– June Heal block…July and August too!
– Finish the second Sunkissed Blockapalooza quilt top
– Quilt and bind the second Sunkissed Blockapalooza quilt top
– Make a Flirting the Issue skirt
– Make the Sorbetto top by Collette patterns that I have started the muslin for
– Quilt my Supernova quilt
– Make another For Pinks Sake pink block for Life Sew Crafty
– Finish…oh, really start and finish the Michael Miller challenge
– Put together the Summer Sampler blocks
– Make a back for the Allison Glass Feathers quilt
– Put together the Quilt Around the World II blocks.
The list long enough? Remember, it is a wanna do list…not too realistic…half of it…maybe? I will post during the summer, but where I stand August 25 will be the finish line!