Saturday night was the Rockville Twilighter Race, the target race for my 8K program. Last year it was stormy and the race was not run. The previous year it was brutally hot. This year…perfect…cool and breezy. It was such a lovely easy affair…2,000 runners…7 minutes from home…easy parking…warm up with my group. Our wonderful coaches really helped me out at the end when I really wanted just to slow down. I did really well for me… my pace was almost a minute faster than the best race pace I have ever had. My daughter ran also…although quite a bit faster than me!
And now on to the Mid-summer Check-in… here is my big wanna do list that I posted at the start of the summer…let’s see how I am doing!
– Carol’s Convertible purse DONE!
– Finish the second Sunkissed Blockapalooza quilt top DONE!
– Quilt and bind the second Sunkissed Blockapalooza quilt top – quilting yes…binding no
– Make a Flirting the Issue skirt
– Make the Sorbetto top by Collette patterns that I have started the muslin for
– Quilt my Supernova quilt
– Make another For Pinks Sake pink block for Life Sew Crafty DONE!
– Put together the Summer Sampler blocks
– Make a back for the Allison Glass Feathers quilt
– Put together the Quilt Around the World II blocks.
Hmmm…lots of DONEs so some progress, but still lots of work to be done. I have a few more weeks at home so I hope that I can attack a few more of these. Stay tuned!