Ok, so if you read my blog you will see that I am rolling over several (as in many) items from my last quarter 2017 post. Yup, just need to keep trying to finish up! I have until April, right??? Here are my 2018 Q1 goals:
- Quilt and bind pastel charity quilt – Someone else pieced this – don’t know who – but I stepped up to quilt and bind for 100 Quilts for Kids.
2. Quilt and bind Arkansas Traveler quilt – Many of these blocks were from a Solids Bee in 2013 on Flickr. In 2015 I made the large blocks and pieced this together. It is currently a top, so needs quilting and binding.
3. Quilt and bind Piece Bee with You quilt – Also from a Flickr bee, 2012. I still am in touch with two of these folks…so that is good! Blocks pieced together in 2015 and then bordered recently. Needs quilting and binding.
4. Pajama pants – Flannel PJ pants – meant for Christmas, oops!
5. Baskets Quilt – No idea how old these are…I was cleaning out and purging my stash and found this project. It was a program run by my local quilt store, obviously a very traditional quilt. I gathered all of the blocks and associated fabric. Need to…create a top, quilt and bind.
6. X and Plus Quilt – These are from one round of the DCMQG Bee plus a few more from a mini-bee.
7. Embroidered needle book – From an Alison Glass workshop at QuiltCon 2014. I need to put something in the lower right section. Plus, it is not going to be a needlebook, but something else…perhaps I will frame it.
8. Mini-quilt from Alternate Grid Workshop at QuiltCon 2017
9. Quilt from Denyse Schmidt Workshop
10. Snowflake Potholders – I love snow and snowflakes, so this fabric from Spoonflower called to me.
11. Dresden – Anne showed me how to make this at a DCMQG retreat but I really need to finish this up as a mini-quilt.
12. In 2017 I finished a quilt for my bed, now I need to make two quilted pillow shams to go in the bed. I have the extra quilt blocks, extra fabric and the pillows – I just need to piece, quilt, and complete the pillows! If I am good…it will be my first finish!
Whew! That is it! For the last quarter I said that if I completed six of them I would be happy! Well, I completed 5 of them and a sixth was almost completed before it had to be aborted due to a yarn problem. Not too bad, especially if I can avoid adding to the WIP list!