It’s coming! Soon! You might still be finishing up some WIPs from 2018, and that would be awesome, but I wanted to let you know that things you don’t finish can be rolled over to 2019. In 2019 we will have 12 hosts. Woo hoo!
The 2019 Finish-A-Long Hosts:
What is the Finish-A-Long
The Finish – A – Long is the brainchild of Rhonda (Rhonda’s Ramblings) and was started back in 2012 as a no pressure linky event that allows you to make a quarterly list of the works in progress (WIPS) that you are hoping to finish during that quarter of the year. You create a list (big or small, short or long) at the beginning of the quarter and link up via one of the Finish – A – Long hosts blog linky post. You then use that quarter to finish your projects, and at the end of the quarter you link up any of these finished projects and become eligible for prizes (randomly drawn.) There is no penalty for not finishing these projects and they can be carried over to the next quarter. Win, win! One of the best aspects of the Finish – A – Long is the community involvement via the host blogs linky, Flickr, Instagram and Facebook. Once you have linked up take some time to visit other links, leave comments and participate! You can encourage, meet and make new friends, trust me, I have! Ready to participate? The schedule, rules and sponsors are below.
Here is the schedule so that you can start your lists and planning.
The 2019 Finish-A-Long Schedule:
Rules and how it works…
– At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end. Please only enter ONE blog post, Flickr photo or Instagram photo at this starting link-up. If you use Flickr or Instagram please describe your plan in the description.
– In order for your projects to be eligible, they must be a tangible project at the start of the quarter. That means, at the very least, a fabric pull matched to a pattern, a quilt top needs to be quilted, or a half knit jumper, etc. We love seeing your bee blocks, but they won’t count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt THIS quarter. We are looking for a proper UFO – UnFinished Object – which means it has to have been started.
– As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post about it on your blog, or a description with a Flickr or Instagram pic.
– At the end of the quarter, link up each individual post/Flickr pic (please link back to your original list from the start of the quarter in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the prize draw, and therefore it’s in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!
– A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg. a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that’s fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. We’re happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering as a finish please.
– You won’t be punished if you don’t finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.
– All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names/numbers will be drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
– The finish linky party will be open for approximately a week, and then the linky party for the proposed finishes list for next quarter will open on the following day.
– The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Be on the lookout for another post soon with news about our wonderful sponsors and the starting linky party. Get those lists ready!