July 31, 2011 – I have not updated this page in a while. Since March I almost completed the Supernova Quilt-along at freshly pieced. Here is the top without the borders.
Currently, I am working on a quilt-along – Summer Sampler Series and in the Aqua and Red Bee. Most of the blocks are blogged about, but soon I shall move some of the pictures over here.
March 23, 2011 – I have been working on the blocks for the Blogger’s Block-a-palooza…not up to speed yet! Two blocks a week was way too much for me!
Oh my! Must do something about those threads!
January 13, 2011…the quilt is now home from the longarm quilter…now just to bind it!
End of November…Update – the quilt is finally at the quilter! I took it to Maria the day before Thanksgiving when I went up that way to pick KT up from the airport. Hopefully I will get it back in January. I did not quite get it completed in one year…but close! A picture of it without borders is in the project gallery.
July 28, 2010
I kept playing with rearranging the squares and found that some of them just didn’t play well with others, so I made some new ones and swapped them out. The guest room actually had a guest in it, so I moved the layout to the living room floor.
I have tried laying out the squares to get a sense of where I am going with this and to decide on colors for the last few squares. Also taking advantage of KT being away to use her floor!
It is now back on the guest room bed to get sewn together.
I am trying to get caught up to be on target – all done before spring break. It is not going to happen, but I will keep trying!
My pile of fabrics being auditioned is getting smaller and smaller!
Since I have been reading lots of quilt blogs for a while, I decided to try a quilt along – the Paintbox Quiltalong at Oh Fransson. I really love her designs and sense of color. Since we have so many snow days, I have been able to catch up with the squares…the goal is 8 per week. There are a total of 80 squares to be done over 10 weeks. So far I am on track!